Monday, October 25, 2010

Weekend

Kirk's parents came to visit this weekend. This was the first time we've seen them since we told them we were pregnant so some baby stuff was definitely on the to do list for the weekend. We spent a good amount of time at the baby stores at the outlet mall looking at all the cute clothes. We discovered that Kirk is going to be way more of a sucker for buying cute baby clothes than I am! He was really sweet about it...he only would buy stuff with soft fabrics b/c he didn't want anything to be uncomfortable on her. We got a few really cute things but tried not to go overboard since we have showers still and a few more months before we need clothes! Kirk's mom and dad also bought us the crib mattress as a shower gift, so it's nice to have that. We don't have a crib yet, but are getting one soon. Some of Kirk's close friends are being super generous and giving us a bunch of their old baby stuff, the crib being one of those things. We also got a 2 packages of diapers. I guess it's good to stock up early on those! We had a great time with them and I definitely wore myself out!

We also got our Christmas gift from his parents early. A new couch! We feel like grown ups because it's literally the only piece of furniture in our living and dining rooms that isn't from IKEA! Not that I don't love IKEA, but I feel like we have a real piece of furniture now! Our other couch is a 2 seater, so it's nice to have a couch you can actually lay down on.

I'm still feeling pretty good. I did manage to somehow hurt my back while putting groceries away today. I think I just pulled a muscle in my lower back, so I'm currently enjoying a pain that starts in my lower back and goes all the way down my right hip and down my leg a little. I'm not sure if those muscles actually connect to my hurt back muscle - but somehow the pain made its way down there. I'm hoping that the pain eases up sooner than later.

We are going to South Carolina November 11-13 to see Kirk's family and have our first baby shower. We are both really excited about the weekend. Kirk's brother and sister in law will be there so we get to see them and our 2 nieces as well, which will be great! We haven't been able to see them in a while!

We're less than a month away from our trip to Chicago. I can't wait! I'm counting down the days!

This week will be 23 weeks...only 17 weeks left to go, if she comes on her due date! Which if any of you knew my grandpa and grandma...she probably will be born on time, it's in her genes! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment