Thursday, October 7, 2010

20 Weeks

At 20 weeks pregnant we are officially halfway there! That feels weird considering I still don't really even look pregnant! I am close to having to switch to maternity pants but not quite there yet. My normal jeans fit fine still...with the addition of a rubber band holding the button closed. Classy, huh? Thankfully I got a big box full of maternity clothes from Christina Jackson and last night at church Mary Hope filled the backseat of my car with some more. Thanks so much to both of them for giving those to me! I hate spending money on clothes and even more so on clothes I will only wear for a few months.

We went to the doctor today and everything looks good. The regular appointments are so quick. I get weighed, they check my blood pressure, sit and wait for the doctor, hear the baby's heartbeat, get measured and that's it. I think the doctor was in there for under a minute becuase the nurse had already answered the couple questions I had.

I have been feeling flutters from the baby for about a week or two. She's starting to move more and a little more powerfully! Kirk was able to feel her move for the first time the other day. She's much more active at night. Although music seems to make her move a lot. I am also starting to have more food cravings. Nothing weird, mostly sweets and everyonce in a while, buffalo chicken wings. I usually just try and wait them out and see if it'll pass. I also cry. A lot. For no reason. Poor Kirk.

We are finally feeling like it's fall here...well I guess by that it means we're finally below 90 degrees. We've even had a few cooler nights (high 40-50's). People here called that cold. That made me laugh a little. 50 degrees is not cold! :o) I really love fall. Pumpkins, hot cocoa, apple cider, pretty leaves, football, Thanksgiving and lots more. And now that it's October...I can say I'm going home next month! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment