Thursday, January 13, 2011

Ugh...

It hasn't been the best week. I don't want to complain too much because, really the whole pregnancy has been pretty easy and uneventful so far. But for the past week the nausea I had during the first trimester is back. I pretty much feel nauseous all the time. The only thing that seems to help is laying down. It makes it hard to eat because nothing sounds good and when I do eat, I feel sicker afterwards. I thought that ended in the first trimester...no one told me that it could come back!

Last Sunday I had to make an unexpected trip to the doctor just to get some things checked out since I ended up passing out during church. They think my blood pressure just dropped a little too low and that the baby was pushed up against an artery which is what caused me to pass out. Thankfully, I'm fine and Baby Girl is fine. I just had to take it easy for a few days. I also now know the feeling I had before I passed out so now I can be aware if I feel like that again. It's not a big deal or anything to be worried about - more of just an inconvenience.

The good news is that I'm almost 34 weeks along, which means only 3 more weeks till I'm considered full term and 6 weeks till our due date! Not too much longer to go! We still have some things to do (finish the nursery, organize some things here, etc) but we're getting more and more excited to meet her soon! Also, we figure parents are going to be visiting once she gets here so we'll just let them finish up all the stuff we don't finish! :o)

3 comments:

  1. Ohhh Jess! So not fun or cool. Can you take Zofran with the baby to help nausea? Also, my nasty nausea passion tea lemonade from Starbucks was all I wanted drink and felt good. Passing out - scary!!!!! Glad you and lil tater are ok. I love you friend! Praying for you... Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well! I've heard the Zofran is awesome, but also try lemon-lime powerade. I sipped on it CONSTANTLY during my first trimester with Heidi. It has vitamin B6 in it that is supposed to help with that queasy feeling. I think you can also find supplements of the vitamin.

    http://www.babycenter.com/404_does-vitamin-b6-help-relieve-morning-sickness_2519.bc

    Anyway, hope there are no more passing-out situations! I'm sure that was scary for you and everyone else around.

    I can't wait to meet her! Your due date is approaching quickly!!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Should we bring a tool box with us? Your Mom is getting pretty excited.

    ReplyDelete