Wednesday, January 26, 2011

36 Weeks...

Here's a picture of me at 36 weeks. Notice the nice new shirt Kirk bought me that covers my whole stomach! Since I'm still trying to wear my normal (non-maternity) shirts, most of them are too short and I have to keep tugging them down. This one is nice and long! :o)


We go back to the doctor tomorrow morning since we have to go every week now. It feels like we are there a lot! It's pretty uneventful when we go, but I like getting to check on her every week. Her head is still facing down and they are guessing she's between 5 1/2 and 6 pounds so hopefully she'll stay in that position and not get too much bigger! :o)
The church is throwing us a baby shower on Sunday and Kirk's parents are grandparents are coming up for the weekend so they can go to it. It's so nice of the church to do that for us and we're looking forward to it. Once that's over, we'll be able to set up the final things and be able just to wait for her to decide to come out!
We've been taking a class at the hospital and it's been really good. I feel smarter and better prepared. The nurses who are teaching it are great and it's only us and another couple so it's easy to ask all of our questions. Some of the videos they have showed us are a little traumatizing, but oh well!
Things are going well! We're so thankful for such an uneventful pregnancy. We're just hoping and praying that she is healthy and for as easy as a delivery as possible!

3 comments:

  1. You look GREAT!!! Soo cute. (I also have that same chair!) ha ha I'm glad baby girl keeps growing and that you feel more "ready" and prepared. Thinking & praying for you! Woo hoo lil baby tater girl ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The videos are usually worse then the real thing. I was there for all 4 of mine and with the classes it made things a lot easier and a lot less scary.
    We're all praying for you and are excited that the date is coming up and there'll soon be a granddaughter/ niece we can welcome into the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, you look great!! I'm so glad Baby Girl is growing and healthy and in the right position. :-)
    I had to laugh about the childbirth class videos - I remember feeling traumatized, too, and thinking, "Oh dear Lord, I'm going to have to DO that soon - and there's no way out of it!" Barry kinda looked green after watching it! Hahaha!
    I can't believe tomorrow is the first of February. I'm so excited! It won't be too much longer before we get to meet this beautiful new person. We're praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete