Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Sweet Home Chicago

(Please ignore my spelling errors! Spell check isn't working and I'm a terrible speller! Don't judge...i have other skills!)

We just got back from almost 2 weeks in Chicagoland. It was an almost perfect visit. The highlight was definitely my sister Stacy's wedding. It was so fun to celebrate her and Brett. I'm so excited to have Brett as my new brother-in-law. He's a perfect addition to our family! Kirk officiated the ceremony which made it extra special. The ceremony was sweet and beautiful and the reception was a great party.

We got to see so many of our friends and family over the 12 days and it was fun to introduce Riley to everyone. She was such a trooper! She was totally off her schedule and didn't get good naps. It was really sweet to see her meet her Aunts, Great Aunts and Uncles and her Grumme (we call my grandma Umme and since she's Riley's Great Umme - her name is Grumme!) for the first time.

While we were there, Riley celebrated her 3 month birthday and also began chewing on everything! We think she's starting to teeth because she's always putting her hands, clothes, blankets, etc in her mouth an drooling all over the place! She slept 7-8 hours every night we were there (unfortunately- that hasn't continued since coming back. The first night home, she slept 5 hours and last night she woke up every 2 and a half hours...punk!).

I think our stomachs are still recovering from all the food! Between my mom's cooking, my grandma's cooking and hitting all of our favorite restaurants - it was basically one big food crawl! I think we are both still full!

All in all, it was wonderful. It was a little hard to come back here. It was so nice to have so much help with Riley and be able to go out with friends and be close to family. We also have come back to 95-99 degree heat here! Kirk's busy summer of youth events is about to start and I'm trying to be ok with being alone with Riley while he's gone a lot! Especially because he's taking the youth to Logan, WV - one of my favorite places! I want to go so bad, but a 3 month old and a week of YouthWorks don't really mix.

Below are 2 pictures of our trip. More to come - assuming people email me the ones they took! We didn't take any pictures ourselves! oops!



Brett, Stacy, Me, Kirk
Carrie and Christy

@ Stacy and Brett's Rehearsal Dinner


4 generations! My mom, me, Umme and Riley!

3 comments:

  1. Great spelling! Are you still planning to come with the middle schoolers to Chattanooga? We'd love to have you crash here. Let me know when!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andy...Kirk's taking them. Me and Riley aren't coming. I'd LOVE to come and hang out with you guys, but Riley hates her car seat and it's too long of a drive for me to do with her alone. :o( i know kirk wants to meet up with you all while he's there! it's killing me! he's taking the high schoolers to Logan and i want to go there so badly as well! no fair! maybe next summer...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad, but acceptable. Hopefully, we'll see you soon!

    ReplyDelete