Wednesday, May 4, 2011

2 Month Update

We went to the doctor this week for Riley's 2 month check up. She is 11 pounds 11 ounces and 24 inches long. That puts her in the 68 percentile for weight and the 92% for height. Her head is 38 cm around which puts her in the 34% for that. So she is still a stringbean. She had to get 3 shots and she took them like a champ. I, on the other hand, had to sit down and let Kirk hold her down during them. I never get nervous or dizzy when I get shots, but I couldn't handle her getting them! The doctor said she's doing great!

We are less than 2 weeks away from our trip to Chicago. I can't wait! I'm so excited for Riley to meet her aunts and the rest of our family and friends! I also can't wait for my sister's wedding! Yea Stacy and Brett! :o)

Riley is getting bigger and cuter every day. She's discovered her hands and loves to put them in her mouth. She tries to shove her whole fist in there. She also will stick her hand so far back that she gags herself and then panics a little bit. We're hoping she catches on to the fact that she doesn't have to keep gagging herself. She's had a cold for the past week and a half. Her poor little nose is so stuffed up! Otherwise she loves her bouncy seat and her Sophie Giraffee. She loves walking outside in the sun and taking baths.

Kirk is busy with all the end of the year stuff with the youth. The trip to Chicago will be a nice break for him before the craziness of summer programming kicks off. I'm just trying to keep up with Riley and am still despertely trying to get her to sleep just a little more at night, so I don't feel like I'm in a constant fog. I'm also still on the quest to try and get her to take a bottle so I can be away for longer than 2 hours at a time!

That's all for now. Chicago friends and family - see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment