Thursday, November 4, 2010

24 Weeks

We went to the doctor this morning and had a great appointment! I always get nervous before going to the doctor. I'm not sure why, I think it's just a fear of them telling me something is wrong. The baby's heartbeat was nice and strong - we both love being able to hear that! Kirk was talking about stealing the thing they use to hear the heartbeat so we could hear it whenever we want. The doctor said my dates all look good and that I'm measuring about a half week ahead of my due date. My favorite part was when he told Kirk that rubbing my back would help with my back pain, so now I can tell Kirk that it's doctors orders that he does that! We got the go ahead to drive to Chicago later this month - we just have orders to stop every hour and a half for a couple minutes for me to stretch my legs to prevent blood clots. It sounds like a lot of stopping, but with the baby kicking me in the bladder so much - we'd probably be stopping about that often anyways.

Our friends who are giving us a bunch of baby stuff are bringing the crib and some other things to us this Saturday, so we can start working on the nursery. I think getting the crib, plus knowing the baby showers are coming us is motivating me to start on the nursery. I'm getting excited to get everything ready for her! Anyone have any creative do-it-yourself nursery decoration ideas? We can't paint, so we have to be creative.

We are pretty sure we've decided on a first name for her but are still working on a middle name. We aren't telling anyone the name though...we want to keep that a secret until she comes. We truly value everyone's opinions and advice...we just don't want to hear them about the name choice! :o) Don't worry - it's a good name - nothing weird!

I know I keep saying it - but I'm so excited to go to South Carolina and Chicago this month. Because of the baby showers and Thanksgiving - we seriously get to see almost all of our friends and relatives! I can't wait!

I'll post a new belly picture once I remember to take one! I'm not so good at remembering things right now...

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see you, but that's mostly because I'm so excited about Harry Potter! :)

    Keep incubating my niece, insist on lots of backgrounds, and enjoy a time of your life where no one will think anything less of you if you go to Taco Bell multiple times in a week!

    Miss you Dessa!

    -Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You get to see almost all your friend and family in November...except me! Let's not forget that.
    I LOVE reading this thing. Keep posting so I can feel like I'm a part of your life. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guys... somewhere in my stuff I have a sphygmomanometer that you can borrow when you come out for Thanksgiving. I'm showing off... it's the thing the docs use to hear heartbeats. This isn't a maternity one, but it works.

    ReplyDelete