Wednesday, December 15, 2010

30 Weeks

As of today, I am 30 weeks and 1 day pregnant! Something about hitting the 30 week mark makes it feel like the baby is coming soon! The past couple days have been a little rough with some major back pain. I've spent a lot of time on the couch with my legs propped up on pillows trying to stay still. Thankfully, it's starting to feel a little better. Here's a picture of my baby belly at 30 weeks...

One of my friends does this little survey on the bottom of each of her blog posts. Since I don't have too much to update you on, I figure it'd be an good thing to do this post.


How far along: 30 weeks, 1 day
Maternity Clothes: I always have to wear maternity pants, I can still fit into some of my normal shirts. I'm pretty close to not being able to zip up my jackets and fleeces.
Sleep: I am pretty tired all the time. Thanks to finally getting a body pillow (one of those really long pillows) I haven't been having as much hip pain from sleeping. I wake up a lot to flip to my other side, but am sleeping fairly well. I am having some crazy dreams though!
Best Moment of the Week: When she started to move when she heard Kirk's voice. (Non-pregnancy related best moment of the week...Kirk taking me to see Harry Potter (finally!) and to PF Changs for dinner!)
Movement: She's starting to be a little forceful with her kicking. There's been a couple that have hurt! I love when she's moving and get nervous when I don't feel her moving around. (I know that she's napping and not supposed to move 24 hours a day - but I still get nervous!)
Cravings: Not too many. I did go to Target to return something and came home with chips and salsa, so I guess that'd be one.
Gender: Girl (unless we get a major surprise when she's born)
Labor Signs: None, thankfully. We are SO not ready and 30 weeks is too early!
Belly Button: Still an innie
What I miss: Diet Coke and regular coffee.
What I'm looking forward to: I can't wait to meet her and see what she looks like!
Weekly Wisdom: Sometimes it's better not to read too much about labor and details of it. Also people like to share horror stories about labor/babies.
Milestones: I feel like hitting 30 weeks is a big milestone! Only about 2 months left!

5 comments:

  1. Look at you! You are just getting cuter an cuter!
    Just two more months - and this month will go so quickly with all the holidays.
    Enjoy the time. Rest and relax.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kinda feel like I look like a giant next to the tree. Just to help my self esteem - it's a small tree b/c our old apartment was so little. It's not like i'm the same size as a 9 foot tree or something...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! I think your gonna surpass my steroid belly soon hee hee hee miss you and hopefully baby amanda will get her gift before she comes out :) love you Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep up the good work Little Buddy - you're looking great. Remember when she's moving around she's either working on her pitching motion, her jump shot or her corner kick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're beautiful!! I can't wait to see you guys next week! Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete